UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Sep 2019, 4:24 pm   #1
Marconi_MPT4
Heptode

Default Zeltex and Computing Techniques Differential Amplifiers

I started looking for information on Zeltex 116C and Computer Techniques 0F720A differential solid state amplifiers. Have found a Zeltex short-form catalogue dated 1966 which only lists brief specifications for types 116 and 116B.

Would I be right in thinking these can be wired in the same way as modern day op-amps?

Any ideas on who Computing Techniques were, as so far an internet trawl has drawn a blank.

Cheers
Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zeltex.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	190802  
Old 28th Sep 2019, 6:35 pm   #2
Marconi_MPT4
Heptode

Default Re: Zeltex and Computing Techniques Differential Amplifiers

Quick update FWIW.

Further research on Zeltex 116 suggests this could have been made by Philbrick Researches, Inc. in Massachusetts USA. Comparing data sheets of both products show almost identical parameters and pin-out. Trim input is tied to V+ via a 50k potentiometer.

Given the scarcity of information of these parts and enthusiastic response so far moderators, please close this thread. Thanks
Old 28th Sep 2019, 6:53 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Rich, I have some amps like these, Teledyne 705 ? I think. They come with a label on the block stating the value of the balance resistor to be used.
I believe they were used on the Blue Streak programme as part of the telemetry / instrumentation circuits. The spec sheet shows that they had extreamly good characteristics for a hybrid (pre IC days) amp.

Ed
Old 28th Sep 2019, 7:14 pm   #4
ronbryan
Octode

Rich

I have four similar Computing Techniques Op-Amps, but no data other than the product labels. These ones have a metal heat sink.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F14-Op-Amps_web.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	190997  
Closed Thread