UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2010, 11:18 pm   #1
Hermit6345
Rest in Peace

Default 30 Old radios

I am not sure if this is where this should be.

I was contacted by email by a gentleman who discovered that I collected/repaired old radios. He tells me that he has 30 old radios dating from 1935 up until 1955. He also told me that if he can't find new homes for these radios they will go to the tip.

I really don't have the space for that many radios here but can't bear the thought that they will go to the tip if not taken.

I have asked the gentleman if he would list the model numbers of his radios and he will email with that information at the weekend.

As far as I know, these radios will be donated and if so then I think that this Forum may be the place to list them and get them off to new homes. Obviously I will have to take the lot in one go and I don't want to have to pack them up for sending out so it will have to be collect only I'm afraid. I really want to test the water in respect of these radios but until I know what there is, it's a bit difficult. I don't live far from Wootton Bassett, so that might be a help.

Is there a realistic chance that that these will be taken off my hands, either
as a lot or in twos or threes? Whatever models there are, at the end of the day they are radios. Let me know your thoughts...there won't be any round Ekcos though.

Ian.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:20 am   #2
tedzed1
Hexode

Default Re: 30 Old radios

Hello Ian, if the radios are put on FOC, i think that there will be no trouble in diposing of them, may i suggest, it might even be nice to make a donation to the gentleman for his kind offer, I would be willing to collect a few sets for myself, and if anyone else wanted any, i could bring them up as well, to be forwarded on from either tamworth, burton on trent, or lichfield area, I am sure somthing could be sorted.

Regards Paul
Old 27th May 2010, 6:52 am   #3
JoshWard
Octode

I'm sending a PM of sets I've been looking for in case any are in the lot! I also feel a donation would be a good idea, maybe to him or a charity of his choice?
Old 27th May 2010, 7:33 am   #4
FIXITNOW
Octode

If the forum courier service could get some to Cambridgeshire I would be interested in some new to collecting so happy with common sets (still have room here!!)
Cheers
Vince
Old 27th May 2010, 8:45 am   #5
Boom
Retired Dormant Member

I am just up the road from you Ian and am more than happy to either give some of the sets a home or help spread them around.

Dave
Old 27th May 2010, 8:54 am   #6
Hermit6345
Rest in Peace

Thanks to all that have responded, I'm glad that here has been some interest.
I will keep the group informed as to model numbers and any further developments. The idea of a donation to the gentleman or to the VW & TV museum is a good idea.

I will be going to Wootton Bassett in July and that would seem to be an ideal venue to get at least some of the radios passed on to new owners one way or another.

Ian

Ian
Old 27th May 2010, 9:37 am   #7
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

Thank you for posting this Ian.

To avoid a profusion of premature requests for sets or information the moderators have decided that we should close this thread and we look forward to the listing in Sets & Parts Offered.

The idea of a donation to the Museum is a very good one.

Regards,