UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Nov 2019, 11:18 pm   #1
retroaudio
Pentode

Default Bush TV 62

Hi I was cleaning the inside of my bush TV62 and I noticed the anode cap on the side of the tube was lose when I opened it the metal leave which grip the aperture in the tube were bent and simply broke when I tried to straighten then can anyone keep me right with regards to replacing the anode cap and where I could obtain a donor

thanks Alex
Old 11th Nov 2019, 2:01 am   #2
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush TV 62

Hi Alex,
What type of tube is in your TV62? It should be a Mullard AW36-21 which has a cavity anode connector. No final anode cap on that tube. So is the connector attached to the EHT lead you need? If so, no difficulty finding one of those.

DFWB.
Old 11th Nov 2019, 12:20 pm   #3
retroaudio
Pentode

Yes the lead fits into a depression in the tube rather then on to a protruding cap. I was a bit wary of it because the rubber shield and the lead seem to be a single sealed unit which goes back into the lopt.

Alex
Old 11th Nov 2019, 2:09 pm   #4
Peter.N.
Dekatron

Get one from a scrap set and fit it to the end of the lead. Its probably corrosion from dampness that caused its failure.

Peter
Old 11th Nov 2019, 6:08 pm   #5
retroaudio
Pentode

is it just a thick single core wire soldered to the cap ?

alex
Old 12th Nov 2019, 11:34 am   #6
Peter.N.
Dekatron

Yep, the wire isn't very thick but the insulation is. Make sure the wire is absolutely clean, cut it back a little if necessary, clean with meths.

Peter
Closed Thread