UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jan 2019, 6:43 pm   #21
stuarth
Heptode

Default Re: PM5324 Is the RF Attenuator Fried?

This is such a useful forum - last week, I knew my PM5324 attenuator was poor, but I didn't know it needed a normally unobtainable special part.

Now, thanks to the forum I know about the attenuator it needed rather than a simple pot, and thanks to Wendy, I have one in my hand!

Many thanks to all, and especially Wendy.

Stuart
Old 11th Jan 2019, 2:53 pm   #22
MrVa1ve
Tetrode

Default Re: PM5324 Is the RF Attenuator Fried?

Indeed it is Stuart and advice from this site has helped me many times in the past.

As a final final update, with the new attenuator in place, I could afford to tear the old one apart for an autopsy. The "notch" I felt at the extreme clockwise end of the rotation turned out to be a scorched indentation in the resistive material. So, it seems like at some point the RF output was attached to a high energy source causing the wiper to burn a hole in the resistive disk. Ouch!
Closed Thread