UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jul 2016, 11:31 pm   #1
QWENIX
Pentode

Default AVO CT378B signal generator

I have bought a Signal Generator two weeks ago. The military version 378B it came with those blue adapter and two attenuators and one big thing the modulator. I haven't fired it up jet. I know how to soft start this thing wth variac and glowing bulb placed in series. Is there something I should take a look at wile starting up.. such as the smoothing capacitors electrolytics?

The mains lead is in bad shape so I wil cut off the plessey mark IV 3 way mains plug and solder on a better cable...

See pics....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6342.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	127269   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6343.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	127270   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6344.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	127271  

Last edited by AC/HL; 10th Jul 2016 at 12:25 am. Reason: Thread split
Old 20th Jul 2016, 6:19 pm   #2
QWENIX
Pentode

Default Re: AVO CT378B signal generator

The signal generator works. But the 1000 HZ internal modulation can not be heard if modulated on a signal. If I turn the switch halfway between the sinus and the rectangular wave form then I can hear it a slight bit. Anyone has some tips were to look at?

kind regards Qwenix
Old 20th Jul 2016, 7:18 pm   #3
ms660
Dekatron

The modulation Osc packed up completely on mine, C1 (0.01uf) had gone almost short circuit, that capacitor is connected across the modulation Osc inductor.

Lawrence.
Old 20th Jul 2016, 9:49 pm   #4
mole42uk
Nonode

Mine has a u/s attenuator so I can only get an output by clipping a cable to the attenuator input :-(

The service manual is available somewhere in the ether but I don't remember where I got it. Google should know.

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Closed Thread