UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 13th Aug 2007, 8:31 pm   #1
trevwgb
Tetrode

Question Small dial labels

Hi all
I am trying to find out about small dial labels which I assume were produced for no 8 and early no 10 dials. After a bit of looking I have found very little - but lots about old larger labels. Can anyone give me some info about these?
Thanks
Regards
Trev
Old 13th Aug 2007, 9:46 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Small dial labels

There's some scant information and pictures at various points in this page which you may have already seen.

I've only ever seen the smaller labels on early type 10 dials. As you will read, the type 8 dial was the prototype for what became type 10, so presumably they're not that common.

It's unclear precisely why these earlier labels were smaller ( or the later ones were larger, which is more to the point ). Maybe they were eventually made larger for ease of reading, or there was a technical reason; eg the method of locating and securing the fingerplate was modified and required a larger dial-centre.

We have other forum members far more expert in this field, so perhaps more info will come to light soon.
Closed Thread