UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 27th Oct 2020, 4:43 pm   #1
crestavega
Pentode

Default Yaesu FRG-7700

I have a relatively tatty FRG7700 that I would love to be repaired/tweaked back to spec.

its got some sentimental value as it came out of Signy island back in the day. Would love to do it myself but just no time. I av a feeling these are pretty popular sets still so I was hoping that someone out there might be well acquainted with bringing them back to spec therefore more efficient than me.

it worked OK as a rx on all bands up to about 6 years ago when it seems to have gone rather dicky in general.
memories have never worked for years.

anyone interested / can anyone recomend a serviceman?
cheers MM0TJR
crestavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2020, 9:01 pm   #2
James Duncan
Pentode

Default Re: Yaesu FRG-7700

Hi
I have worked on three of these and had success only to find two of them sold later on Ebay .I was not pleased.
I am in Wick Caithness and I could have a look to see if it can be brought back to life,
If the switches and board contacts have become corroded it will be not good, so depends if it was dry stored or not.
MM0HDW https://www.qsl.net/ms0fnr/bench.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestavega View Post
I have a relatively tatty FRG7700 that I would love to be repaired/tweaked back to spec.

its got some sentimental value as it came out of Signy island back in the day. Would love to do it myself but just no time. I av a feeling these are pretty popular sets still so I was hoping that someone out there might be well acquainted with bringing them back to spec therefore more efficient than me.

it worked OK as a rx on all bands up to about 6 years ago when it seems to have gone rather dicky in general.
memories have never worked for years.

anyone interested / can anyone recomend a serviceman?
cheers MM0TJR
James Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2020, 6:50 pm   #3
James Duncan
Pentode

Oh well, no response
I did offer my services and free of labour charge
Old 4th Nov 2020, 8:31 pm   #4
Radio Wrangler

His last activity and last visit to the forum is logged as the day of that posting.

Not in a rush, I guess. Thanks for making the generous offer, though.

David
Old 8th Nov 2020, 10:03 pm   #5
James Duncan
Pentode

Yes David
thank you, that could be the reason
too many of these radios are being butchered, at least the ones that arrived to me had been got at, really very good radios.
cheers and again thank you
MM0HDW,
Old 8th Nov 2020, 10:42 pm   #6
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

It's disappointing when people behave like that or someone helps and items turn up on ebay! If I posted I would check back but perhaps they are just phishing around? I like to think the best of everyone but it's not good to be too naive or assume that others know what you do Times have changed and it's always best to ask about motivation and previous experience. This is an enthusiasts site not a free valuation and repair service. Others may disagree of course

Dave W
dave walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2020, 12:08 am   #7
AC/HL
Dekatron

There could be any number of reasons why crestavega hasn't been online for a while. It's too soon to draw any conclusions here.
Old 9th Nov 2020, 12:14 am   #8
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

I think you are right Bill but it's two weeks on and I wasn't particularly thinking of crestavega, more perhaps people who just turn up at random these days, rather than established members. I should have made that clear perhaps? It certainly didn't happen previously. Perhaps the whole subject needs re-examination on our Forum ?

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 9th Nov 2020 at 12:23 am.
dave walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2020, 8:56 pm   #9
James Duncan
Pentode

Hi Guys
I would not read too much into why he has not replied as there may be extenuating circumstances.
give him time, its just a hobby to me
stay safe all
MM0HDW