UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2015, 9:01 am   #1
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Hack green event this Sunday

Good morning,
Does anyone know about the Hack Green bunker radio fair this Sunday? I may be free to go to this event though it is quite a distance to go if it is disappointing or very little there.

From what I make out it is it mainly military and test equipment items that is for sale here?
Many thanks,
Christopher Capener
Old 8th Oct 2015, 4:47 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Hack green event this Sunday

From the RSGB webpage:
11 OCTOBER
HACK GREEN BUNKER RALLY – Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker, Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 8AL. Electronic equipment, amateur gear, components, military radio sets and vehicle spares. OT 10am, TS, C. Lucy, 01270 623 353, Lucy@hackgreen.co.uk. [www.hackgreen.co.uk].
Old 8th Oct 2015, 10:06 pm   #3
glowinganode
Octode

Hack Green bunker is well worth a visit anyway if you haven't been before.
A very impressive BT equipment room and a few B40's dotted around for good measure. The Plant rooms are equally interesting.
Cheers, Rob.
Old 8th Oct 2015, 11:05 pm   #4
McMurdo
Dekatron

If you've not been before, it's a busy event. (fairly local to me). The radio stalls are set in a modern 'hangar' and in tents around. The last time I went it was a slow shuffle to get around everything, it was so packed. A bias towards military radio, components, strange MOD rack mounted comms panels with stickers on saying 'good range of parts for stripping' etc but a nice selection of vintage test gear, domestic wireless sets and components too. Think about buckets full of crododile clips and bulbs, morse keys, battleship grey panels. There was a W.I style cake and tea stall in the hangar as well.
Access to the radio fair was chargeable (not much) and if you wanted to visit the nuclear bunker it was seperately chargeable too. It was well worth both. There's plenty of free parking and it's a pleasant drive out into the countryside. Inside the multi-level bunker (it's huge) there's a full-blown canteen serving hot dinners and drinks.
I was left in no doubt that the cold war was taken very, very seriously.
It's well signposted with the usual brown signs and isn't far from the M6 J15. It's a full day out and you're greeted by the huge radar antenna which was spinning reassuringly.