UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Mar 2021, 8:25 pm   #1
billy.bates
Triode

Default Help required please, Marconi TF 1370A

Hi, I have been repairing a Marconi TF 1370A wide band signal generator & I'm trying to get it to its original spec on the 400Hz & 1KHz frequencies which should be within 0.5%. Currently I'm at 0.6 & 0.8%, I have gone through replacing out of tolerance carbon comp' resistors, the HT & LT supplies are spot on & most of the caps have been replaced or are good. Any ideas/help would be most welcome! God bless, Bill.
Old 3rd Mar 2021, 6:13 pm   #2
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: Help required please, Marconi TF 1370A

Marconi TF1370. AF Oscillator.
Wein bridge oscillator, with variable capacitor for tuning and switched resistors for each range. There are trimmer resistors and also a little trimmer capacitor for the top end of each range. Surely you just need to tweek those. Ranges B and C. Lovely smooth tuning with the variable capacitor.
When tweaking, you will have to be prepared to put the screening covers back on for the higher frequency ranges.
The frequency accuracy quoted in the manual and 1972 catalogue is 2%, so I think you have done well to improve it so much.
wme_bill

Last edited by WME_bill; 3rd Mar 2021 at 6:25 pm.
Old 12th Mar 2021, 1:52 pm   #3
billy.bates
Triode

Default Re: Help required please, Marconi TF 1370A

Thanks for your response, I'll investigate & see where I get to. Thanks!
God bless, Bill.
Closed Thread