UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Apr 2017, 6:56 pm   #41
Freya
Octode

Default Re: Ekco TCG316 Tele-Gram

What happens if you isolate / remove the wire from the tube socket, does the screen revert to normal level.

The only resistors that should be on the base are R134 220k and R80 100k, something fishy going on.

Last edited by Freya; 19th Apr 2017 at 7:18 pm.
Old 19th Apr 2017, 7:35 pm   #42
Ekco-Scott
Pentode

Hi there

After removal of the Wire the was no difference. G1 short? I tapped the neck with the rubber end of the of a pare of pliers and the screen flashes from light to dark.

I thought the resistor was out of place! It's a rather new looking one not the usual old style. I'll clip it out me thinks.

S
Old 19th Apr 2017, 7:40 pm   #43
Ekco-Scott
Pentode

Oops Correction that is my pliers affecting the focus magnets
Old 19th Apr 2017, 7:41 pm   #44
Freya
Octode

I had my suspicions about a short, could be grid to cathode short. not sure if there is a way around this problem.
you could try powering the heater from an external source and then test between the pins for shorts.
Old 19th Apr 2017, 8:04 pm   #45
Ekco-Scott
Pentode

Thanks for your help with this Stephen. I'll try as you suggested but can't tonight as I don't have a external power supply at home I'll have to bring one home.

Well I was hoping for a much more successful repair. I've basically got a very good sounding record player but for the time being a non functioning TV circuit. I really must find the right Base for my B&K 467 as I could give the tube a thorough test and possibly remove the posable short.

I may leave this set for a bit as I still haven't resolved the Tunner problem and I'm not to sure if I can sort the crt yet.

S
Closed Thread