UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jun 2018, 12:09 am   #21
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: From Rigonda with love

Excellent work. Even these old USSR sets will probably outlive many of the throwaway products of today's imperialism. Well done for persevering!
Old 14th Jun 2018, 9:18 am   #22
boxdoctor
Rest in Peace

Default Re: From Rigonda with love

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidertogrid View Post
I don't even want to think about the Iskra portables, turn the brightness up and the set drifted off tune..
Rich.
That would cause some anguish in a R.T.E.B. exam!

Incidentally, when I worked for Comet in Sandiacre in the mid-seventies, we sold quite a large number of VL100s. I considered them to be a worthy effort, as they were, when functioning correctly, a really good performer.

My main gripe was, as others have commented, the ease with which the interconnecting wires came away from the P.C.B.s when you opened the panels up (even very gently) for servicing.

Tony.
Closed Thread