UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Nov 2018, 8:25 am   #21
FrankB
Heptode

Default Re: Bush VHF64 Dishwasher blues.......!!

I think I'd get ahold of one good button or knob and make a mold of the bottom of it and the top as a 2 piece.
Then I would try to heat the plastic with a heat gun and force it back into shape by using the 2 mold halves.
I'd probably use Ultracal or Hydracal as the mold material, and let it dry thoroughly. It has minimal shrinkage if not left to set over a week. maybe 1-2% IIRC.
It appears you don't have much to lose by trying, anyway.
My 2 cents worth.
Old 16th Nov 2018, 9:51 am   #22
brymac
Hexode

Many thanks for all that!
Old 18th Nov 2018, 9:26 am   #23
mickyfinn
Hexode

If it helps I am in N.Yorks,could pick up the one on the auction site for you?then either send it or remove what you need and just send them?
Mick
Old 18th Nov 2018, 10:06 am   #24
brymac
Hexode

Hi Mick - that would have been perfect (I only wanted the piano keys!) but sadly it's now been sold...

Many thanks for the offer!!

Bryan
Closed Thread