UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Sep 2007, 9:28 pm   #21
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush TV22 MK 11 Restoration Update

I hope we're all working off the same diagram! For me, Trader Sheet 1091. If it's a different one, let me know! The part numbers are different....

C52 on my diagram is the one that feeds the volume control.

Anyway, first, tune for a perfect picture. Then check C10 and try a tweak of L6. This is adjacent channel sound rejection. The sound IF is taken off by L12/R13. Also check L25 and L27.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Steve P
Old 7th Sep 2007, 7:33 am   #22
taipai_royal
Pentode

Thanks Steve, C10 does not measure up to its spec,being low value is it safe to temporary
remove, no improvement with adjusting L6, I will try tweaking L25/27?.
Graham.
Old 7th Sep 2007, 9:30 am   #23
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Have you tried injecting some audio into the grid of the audio valve to see if the AF ccts are working properly?

If you have the equipment (or can borrow) 19.5 MHz with some mod straight into pin 2 of V3 (Bush service sheet numbering) bottom chassis to see if the sound IF is working.

I shouldn't tweak anything just yet unless it's obvious someone has been there before!

Ian
Old 7th Sep 2007, 10:00 am   #24
Steve_P
Dekatron

Change C10, Don't try to line a circuit up with parts missing!!

Cheers,

Steve P
Old 10th Sep 2007, 9:09 pm   #25
taipai_royal
Pentode

Further progress has been hampered by a blown EF80, whilst waiting for a replacment I took a chance to check out the chassis wiring and recap routing. Looking under the reciever unit I noticed a missing pin on the L7 coil (see digi shot) is this normal for the mk2 as my mk1 has 2 pins for L6 and L7?. Cant get any readings from the stump of the missing pin (maybe just a dummy). On the mk 1 chassis C9 goes across the two pins on L7 then to the anode of V2.
Graham.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401 (2).JPG
Views:	108
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	12210  
Old 10th Sep 2007, 10:14 pm   #26
taipai_royal
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by taipai_royal View Post
Further progress has been hampered by a blown EF80, whilst waiting for a replacment I took a chance to check out the chassis wiring and recap routing. Looking under the reciever unit I noticed a missing pin on the L7 coil (see digi shot) is this normal for the mk2 as my mk1 has 2 pins for L6 and L7?. Cant get any readings from the stump of the missing pin (maybe just a dummy). On the mk 1 chassis C9 goes across the two pins on L7 then to the anode of V2.
Graham.
That should read "as my mk 2 has two pins each for L6 and L7?."
Old 11th Sep 2007, 12:32 am   #27
PJL
Dekatron

The one service sheet I have and all I need is a TV22 to go with it...only 3 pins, pin 6 is common, 1 is L7 and 4 is L6.
Old 11th Sep 2007, 7:17 am   #28
taipai_royal
Pentode

Thanks PJL, that confirms it, the fourth pin as used on the MK 1 is a dummy just used as a carrier post for C9 to V2 anode.
Graham.
Old 16th Sep 2007, 10:57 pm   #29
taipai_royal
Pentode

Found it, the cause of the sound fault, during the recap I had coupled up C38 earthy end to the heater pin on V11,talk about numbskull, now I have good sound reproduction with no hum. Thanks to everyone for your help,still got a bit of fine tuning and tidying up to do, will keep you posted.
Grham.
Closed Thread