UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 22nd Oct 2017, 7:04 pm   #1
stevewolfie
Diode

Default New Gloucestershire member saying hello

Evening all.

Steve in Tewkesbury, back on the radio after many many years away, passed my foundation a while back and been working HF a little, however I fancied going back to my roots and picked up a Superstar 360 FM and a Superstar 3900, which both need a little work, so I'm on the hunt at the moment for a couple of books that were sold from a shop in Walsall back in the 90's, S J Tonks.

The books Midnight Express 1 and 2 were compiled by Steve Tonk and Martin Pickering but trying to get copies today is proving very hard, I've even contacted Steve Tonks himself but he was unable to help due to the shop closing its doors 15 years ago and any old stock long gone, which has landed me here as I was linked to a post in which a member mentioned he had copies of both books so hoping to make cantact and maybe get copies, failing that i'm looking for recommendations for somewhere or someone to service my radios anyway feel free to say hello
stevewolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 3:07 pm   #2
astral highway
Nonode

Default Re: New member saying hello

Hi there, welcome to the forum Steve, always good to see new members.

You may get a better response if you post your book request clearly in Parts and Service Information Wanted - it's a busy forum and if a request is buried in a hello message, it probably won't get seen by many... And then post your service information in Repair and Restoration Services wanted. There are hundreds of posts every day so the forum founder structured the site to be in clear sections, to avoid confusion, and for the sake of future reference, too.

Cheers
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 5:15 pm   #3
stevewolfie
Diode

Default Re: New member saying hello

Thanks, good to be here.
I was planning on a better wanted post in the wanted section once I'd had a look round, just thought I'd add the bit of info in here as well as many look at hello posts.

Steve
M6BRC
stevewolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2017, 4:41 pm   #4
electronicskip
Hexode

Default Re: New Gloucestershire member saying hello

Welcome steve from a fellow Glos guy
electronicskip is offline   Reply With Quote