UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Aug 2014, 7:30 pm   #41
Freya
Octode

Default Re: The classic 60's TV set?

Faulty mains switch ?
Mains input capacitor, if not already snipped ?
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 4:05 pm   #42
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatercathodeshort View Post
Dual standard era must go to the RBM 640 chassis maybe in outrageous orange from Murphy
Hi John,
for me it has to be revolution red.
As for compact dual standard colour sets. Baird made an interesting 19" console. Can't remember the model number, it was made in 1968.

DFWB.
Old 24th Aug 2014, 9:33 am   #43
Peter.N.
Dekatron

I also like the Bush TV125 but we used to sell them so I am biased, the 161 chassis was super for DX TV in fact it was the only set I could get a decent picture on in some parts of Charmouth as being in a valley the ghosting caused the picture to break up and the sound to distort on most other sets, I don't know what it was about the design, I'm sure someone will tell me.

Peter
Old 24th Aug 2014, 3:04 pm   #44
Mikey405
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNSEH View Post
As for compact dual standard colour sets. Baird made an interesting 19" console. Can't remember the model number, it was made in 1968.
Hi David.

That would be the Baird M708 / M718. They seemed to have trouble making up their minds with these as the back covers often had M708 and the insides had a badge that said M718. (Or is it the other way round.) M718 would make more sense because it used the 710 chassis.

Thanks David.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
Old 24th Aug 2014, 3:26 pm   #45
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Hi Mike,
M708 or M718. I've been on the look out for one for years. The "M" prefix before the model number indicates that these sets were supplied by Radio Rentals to independent retailers though Baird Television Distributors Ltd. So you never know one might someday turn up.
I do remember it was a nice looking set. Push buttons for UHF, rotary for VHF.

Regards,
David.
Closed Thread