UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Aug 2017, 12:26 am   #21
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: My collection is slowly growing

Well yes I sort of agree Nick but John [HTC] not only has a great collection, he also has years of extraordinary trade experience [not forgetting the sense of humour] that is perhaps different to just an un-regarded set of dusty items on a museum shelf. Perhaps a BBC4 film is required? When it's all not here anymore it may well be sought after-after all Don't despair!

People laugh at the letters I get into newspapers [much less often in these compliant pc days]. I point out that I may never write the great English novel but I'm there in the Bury Times and the Bexhill Observer should there be anyone to read them in the future. The same strictures apply to technology in my not so humble opinion. The Forum archive is already invaluable and I hope that the deleted stuff is still there in some form-perhaps not!

Dave W

PS I'm reminded of an obscure but brilliant Dylan song "Young But Slowly Growing" The Basement Tapes appropriately!

Last edited by dave walsh; 19th Aug 2017 at 12:38 am.
Closed Thread