UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jun 2017, 8:32 pm   #1
m0cemdave
Octode

Default Newbury Radio Rally 2017 - Sunday June 18th

A reminder that the Newbury radio rally is on Sunday.

Details here:
http://www.nadars.org.uk/rally.asp

Weather forecast here:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...cast/gcph3vm8s

This is a boot sale type of event on a large open site, highly recommended and very easy to get to from the motorway network.
Old 18th Jun 2017, 8:48 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Newbury Radio Rally 2017 - Sunday June 18th

I dropped in for half an hour. Got a couple of replacement PRC320 handset leads for £2, and a 4-pin "Jones" socket that will be going on a power-supply-lead for my little MK128.

There were a few other sightings of interest: a couple of HROs, an AR88, a WS18 transmitter & receiver (seller wanted £100) and also *two* Geloso G209 receivers on separate stalls. I've never even seen one of these before - to have two turn up at the same rally must be a serious rarity.

There also seems to be some kind of strange resurgence in the prices of 1970s Japanese FM mobile transceivers; crystal-control and no CTCSS must make these rather inconvenient to use these days so why are they being offered for £40-£50 ??
Old 20th Jun 2017, 3:21 pm   #3
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

You're right about the Geloso sets Tanuki. I've got one [donated through a Forum member] but with significant bits missing and [like you] I'd never even seen one before, although I knew what it was from sixties adverts.
There are some threads about it on here [or should be].

Dave W
Old 25th Jun 2017, 2:13 pm   #4
m0cemdave
Octode

It was a good rally and the weather was dry (and very hot). Some of the usual visitors were absent - it seems many of the Vintage crowd were at Wartime In The Vale instead.

I was also surprised to see those two Geloso's within 20 yards of each other. One needed a full restoration, but didn't sell at £30.

I saw one forum member collect a DST100 receiver. This was a serious rarity as it still had all original components under the chassis, and an Army identification plate instead of the usual two serial number plates with the mysterious manufacturers' codes. I hope he has a well reinforced shelf, and a chain hoist to lift it up there...
Closed Thread