UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2022, 9:45 pm   #21
novicerepairer
Tetrode

Default Re: Sony TA 3200F less loud?

Oops! I have just realised the resistor is incorporated in the capacitor. Sorry!
Old 20th May 2022, 10:20 pm   #22
novicerepairer
Tetrode

Oops, just noticed the resistor is incorporated in the capacitor. Also, where can I get one where it is not going to cost £10 handling charge??
Thanks in advance.
Old 20th May 2022, 10:24 pm   #23
novicerepairer
Tetrode

Oops, I have just realised that the resistor is incorporated in the capacitor. Also, is there anywhere I can purchase one without a £10 handling charge? Thanks.
Old 20th May 2022, 10:31 pm   #24
novicerepairer
Tetrode

I hope I am not repeating myself, I am having trouble sending and seeing my quick replies? I have just worked out the resistor is incorporated in the capacitor. Also, is there anywhere I can but x1 without £10 handling charge. Thanks.
Old 20th May 2022, 10:36 pm   #25
novicerepairer
Tetrode

Sorry all, I have just worked out I needed to tap on the second page to carry on the tread, I thought my reply’s wasn’t going.
Old 21st May 2022, 9:53 am   #26
ms660
Dekatron

Eg:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284191953...UAAOSwkG1gMaHD

Lawrence.
Old 21st May 2022, 10:33 am   #27
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicerepairer View Post
Also, where can I get one where it is not going to cost £10 handling charge??
It's a problem since there are very few component suppliers locally to most people any more. There's quite a comprehensive list here https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=55701

Otherwise, as Lawrence shows, eBay can be very good for certain things, though it is certainly caveat emptor when it comes to rare parts or integrated circuits as fakes abound.
Old 22nd May 2022, 9:59 am   #28
novicerepairer
Tetrode

Thanks again Lawrence for your link for the Capacitor. Sorry to ask, but I am still a bit confused on the pricing of these, as the Roxburgh one was £1 at Farnell but with the supplier you have found for me £8.30 and this brand 2.10.
Although, as you have probably worked out I am not flushed with cash, but is there any advantage of buying the more expensive one. Sorry to bother you again after you have spent so much of your time on me already.
Thanks also, for the list of suppliers, I will keep that to hand for future purchases.
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:38 am   #29
ms660
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicerepairer View Post
Thanks again Lawrence for your link for the Capacitor. Sorry to ask, but I am still a bit confused on the pricing of these, as the Roxburgh one was £1 at Farnell but with the supplier you have found for me £8.30 and this brand 2.10.
The cost delivered is much less.

Lawrence.
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:05 pm   #30
novicerepairer
Tetrode

Thanks, sorry to bother you. I am ordering the eBay one now.
Thanks so much for your help. Without it, I would have sent to the repairer I know when I had the cash, at a lot more expense.
And hopefully, I will have gained a bit of experience and confidence along the way.
Will let you know when fitted. Colin.
Closed Thread