UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2019, 2:58 pm   #1
record man
Pentode

Default Philips AG1003

Good day all, i have a Philips F5G01A with a Philips AG 1003 deck. The auto start not working any ideas or does anyone know where to buy another deck?
Many thanks.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 7:02 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips AG1003

I must say that these decks are not at all easy to repair. You are going to need to remove it from the record player and check that the linkages from the underside of the push buttons are actuating. There's an underside photo to help you on "Radio Museum" site. Also a Service Manual can be downloaded free from "Vinyl Engine". Be aware, these auto-changers are nearly 65 years old now and if you were able to find another, it may be just as bad.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 7:51 pm   #3
record man
Pentode

Hi Edward, thanks very much just as i thought . I suppose the only thing to do is put a newer deck in shame.
Steve
Old 19th Feb 2019, 8:32 pm   #4
ekjdm14
Banned

Could you not at least have a look and see if you can get the original functioning first? I mean, if you're planning to replace it outright anyway you can't make things any worse by trying & you might just get it working with a little patience and lubrication.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 9:04 pm   #5
record man
Pentode

Yes i will have a look if i can get the deck out .
Thanks
Closed Thread