UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Mar 2015, 10:43 am   #61
KeithsTV
Nonode

Default Re: Got me an Atom

I'll try to dig out my Atom over the next few weeks and try the spare 6847 in it, assuming it still boots up as it's some time since I last tried it.

Keith
Old 4th Apr 2015, 5:07 pm   #62
KeithsTV
Nonode

Just had a spot of nostalgia and powered up the Atom. Still working after all these years. I tried the spare 6847 and proved it's OK so I'll bring it to Golborne next Sunday.

keith
Old 4th Apr 2015, 6:58 pm   #63
jay_oldstuff
Octode

That's fantastic many thanks. I'm currently trying to sort my keyboard out. I have about seven keys that are dead or very intermittent and the atoms keyboard is of the most odd construction I've ever encountered.

Jay
Old 9th Apr 2015, 12:49 pm   #64
SteveCG
Nonode

Jay,

One issue with the Atom keyboard is 'bounce'. By this I mean that you press the key down and you find you have produced two characters and not the single character you expected. I found that it was a problem only with some of the keys - BTW, the character was the correct character.
Closed Thread