UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jul 2011, 4:27 pm   #21
radioredcat
Hexode

Default Re: Real Iconoscope pictures!

Absolutely fascinating.

Andy
Old 31st Jul 2011, 12:03 am   #22
Danny
Heptode

Yes very good .I actually nerly bought one of these tubes at the nvcf a few years ago it was the year of the valve display. the chap wanted £150 for it i walked of but when ireturned to make an offer it was sold .I wonder where that tube is now !. Very inspiring this makes me want to play may be a 1" vidicon camera all valve But it must have a turret for the lens. Danny
Old 31st Jul 2011, 1:04 am   #23
kalee20
Dekatron

I was impressed at the making of the video - clear, succinct, and good photography. And details such as scan coil manufacture was great.

My heart was in my mouth as one of the iconoscopes white-gettered! Could have been a lot of time spent making the camera with no replacement tube!

The pictures from the iconoscope wre excellent - no shading evident. I'm not an experienced video engineer but I know this was an inherent problem with the iconoscope.
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 3:41 pm   #24
dtvmcdonald
Pentode

I will hijack and resurrect this thread!

Day before yesterday I got one of the military iconoscope cameras working, sort of.
Its on videokarma.org (broadcast gear forum).

The iconoscope tube is bad, the getter is somewhat yellowed, apparently it gets gassy
after 15 minutes and stops working until it cools off.

Yes, is is very serious nail-biter, restoring the camera and then trying my two tubes,
one tested gassy on a CRT tester (did not work), the other good (but I did not leave
it running long enough to see the problem.) Nevertheless ... it works!

If you ever see a good one for sale (even here in the US there are VERY few good ones)
I'm buying.

The Japanese guy has lost the blueprints and schematics!
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 9:11 pm   #25
peter_scott
Dekatron

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on VK.

Thanks for posting,

Peter
Closed Thread