UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Dec 2018, 5:34 pm   #1
JohnBHanson
Heptode

Default Beocord 1200 Counter Belt replacement

The counter belt has broken on my recorder. It is not clear what a replacement goes and the service sheet does not give any information on this.

Does anyone know where the replacement belt goes and/or have instructions on how to fit.

PS I think this is a similar machine to the 1600.

Thanks you.
Old 16th Dec 2018, 6:07 pm   #2
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: Beocord 1200 Counter Belt replacement

The Beocord 1200 and Beocord 1600 are essentially the same machine. The latter has power amplifiers inside (to drive speakers), the former is line level and headphone output only. There are some other changes, but the mechanism should be the same.

From the exploded diagram in the service manual I have for this machine, it appears that the counter belt goes between a pulley on the counter and some part of the right hand (take up) spool turntable. I'd look at that for a suitable groove.
Old 16th Dec 2018, 8:13 pm   #3
JohnBHanson
Heptode

Default Re: Beocord 1200 Counter Belt replacement

I came to that conclusion too, but there did not seem to be anything suitable that matched the height of the driving wheel on the tape counter.

The service manual I have does not give any infomation about changing the belts, which diagram are you looking at?
Closed Thread