UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jul 2019, 5:01 pm   #1
merlin1
Diode

Default Bush AC11 Wiring Considerations

I have several BUSH AC 11 units which I intend to repair. I have a working unit to allow me to check voltages etc. I have the Trader sheet and also the original Bush service sheet. But can anyone tell me why on earth the capacitor and resistor lists are configured differently!!
I assume that i would be better off following the original Bush sheets but would appreciate any comments.
Cheers Chris
Old 11th Jul 2019, 5:25 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Wiring Considerations

What ever the reason it won't make any difference unless there's an error, you have to remember that the Trader sheets were issued for those in the trade, all the engineer back then needed was a meter and a schematic to steer it by and sometimes a signal generator in tow.

Lawrence.
Old 11th Jul 2019, 5:40 pm   #3
Mike. Watterson
Heptode

R&TVS, Trader and Maker's service info often/usually differ in component designation.
Hence when referring to part here you need to specify whose circuit schematic you are using.
Often the schematic would be redrawn and relabelled, perhaps to avoid copyright issues?
Old 11th Jul 2019, 6:34 pm   #4
Station X

I generally regard Trader sheets as being a sort of Haynes Motor Manual written after reverse engineering a set. Generally the manufacturer's sheet is better.

I guess the Trader sheets had the advantage of all being available from one source.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 11th Jul 2019, 7:23 pm   #5
ms660
Dekatron

The Trader sheets would have been compiled in most cases using info from the original manufactures manual and in many case any updates or mod sheets that were released later on by the manufactures, a lot of manufactures mods/update sheets never survived it to the internet with their original manuals but obviously the mods/changes included in the Trader sheets have.

Lawrence.
Old 11th Jul 2019, 8:18 pm   #6
merlin1
Diode

Default Re: Bush AC11 Wiring Considerations

Thanks gentlemen. Chris
Closed Thread