UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 1st Dec 2011, 12:14 pm   #21
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Rock-Ola Jukebox 474 Sybaris

Fantastic job Pete. I take my hat off to you for your dedication. Well done!

What value is the pot your missing? i have a few tapped pots, and Re the Gas Struts your missing; are they the same sort of thing that keeps a car boot open? A visit to your local scrapyard may help if this is so.

A very interesting article;inspiring,Andy.
Old 4th Dec 2011, 11:27 am   #22
Jimmyhaflinger
Heptode

did you manage to repair the O/C speaker?
Old 5th Dec 2011, 2:23 pm   #23
G0PKH - Pete
Retired Dormant Member

Hi guys.

Many thanks again for all the replies.

Jimmy, Unfortunately No I wasn't able to repair the speaker.
In fact they were both in a rather poor physical condition, so I bought a pair of replacement FANE drivers.

I now have the remote electronic volume control unit from the states.

I am about to start fitting it. Unfortunately however my juke has a different plug fitted to the amplifier cable, mine has a round connector, and the remote unit has a square JONES type plug. so I need to obtain a 6PIN square matching "jones" socket. This connector is that which connects the 5way remote terminal connectors on the audio transformer distribution module to the electronic unit.

There is also the other 6PIN plug which connects the audio side to the amplifier. I will need to replace this with a 6PIN DIN plug since the socket has been removed from the amplifier.

I may have a go at this over the Christmas holidays.

Pete
Closed Thread