UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jul 2017, 8:29 am   #1
Collaro
Tetrode

Default Hello from Worcestershire

Hello Everyone,

I am excited to join the forum and will be hopefully sharing my knowledge (limited) and experiences as well as getting enough support to keep some vintage equipment I own running to please and awe future generations

I am looking forward to contributing to this forum in the future as and when I manage to progress with the equipment I would like to restore.

I've spent my life up until now staring at a pile of record players from the fifties and sixties that I have collected (typical nostalgia reasons) and finally I am determined to recap them, lubricate them, and get them running sweetly. And if I electrocute myself in the process, well, hey ho!

My real weakness is anything with a Collaro record deck - that was my sole means of listening to my parents' 50s-based record collection (an RC456) when I was a youngster in the early 70s. That record player disappeared towards the end of that decade - I would love to know what the model of the record player was (typical rexine covered suitcase type with only two knobs at the front, off/on/volume and tone.

I currently have:

two Ferranti RP1041s (both with white collaro studio decks)
one Ekco RP329 (with collaro conquest deck)
one EAR 1960 (with collaro RC456 deck)
one Murphy A426G (with black collaro studio)

One of the Ferrantis has been recapped and plays beautifully.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 16th Jul 2017, 8:41 am   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: Hello from Worcestershire

You have a good selection, I always liked Ekco products and then Ferranti when they combined.
Welcome to the forum.

Frank
Old 16th Jul 2017, 12:57 pm   #3
Collaro
Tetrode

Thanks Frank.
I'm on the look out for an EAR triple four with Collaro deck. I'd love to know what a fully restored one sounds like!
Mike
Old 17th Jul 2017, 10:17 am   #4
MarkAT6
Tetrode

Hi Mike,

Good to have a like minded person also in Malvern (I live in the Barnards Green area). I also have a reasonably large collection of record players (valve & transistor) though the only one I currently have with a Collaro deck is the Ferguson 393G. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I've managed to get quite a few up and running over the last few years. I'm currently having a self imposed moratorium on buying further players as I've run out of space!

Cheers

Mark
Old 17th Jul 2017, 1:42 pm   #5
Collaro
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAT6 View Post
Hi Mike,
I'm currently having a self imposed moratorium on buying further players as I've run out of space!
My moratoria are never self-imposed

PM'd you

Mike
Closed Thread