UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jul 2008, 11:28 pm   #21
ajs37
Heptode

Default Re: Wootton Bassett 6th July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stenning View Post
Yes, I had a good day too. All 22 of my lots in the auction sold, netting me £240.

I didn't buy anything, though that was intentional as I have lack of space, lack of workshop and lack of money problems.

Auction prices seemed quite variable this time, with some interesting items making reasonably good prices but the more ordinary stuff not doing that well. For example a Bush DAC10 and a KB FB10 'Toaster' sold for just £15 each
yep - I won the toaster - I couldn't bear to see it go for such a small amount (was going for £12 before I bid) - I also got the FB10FM for £50 - I have been after one for a while - it's in very good nick - and it works!

Were those your novelty radios that sold Paul?

It was a very good day - very well organised - big thanks to all who gave their time to make it so!
Cheers
Andy
Old 11th Jul 2008, 8:44 am   #22
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Yes, the "toasters" were both mine, as were the boxes of novelty trannies and pocket trannies. I think the FB10FM previously belonged to Mike Barker (or Jim), as he knew its history better than me.

Lots 44 to 65 were mine, and many were untouched since I bought them. Lack of space and time here. I was generally happy with what they sold for though, and the total was more than I expected.

Wootton Bassett is my favourite swapmeet. It's convenient to get to, well run and has a friendly atmosphere. I only attend those and the NVCF now.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 11th Jul 2008, 4:05 pm   #23
ALANS ANITAS
Rest in Peace

I was unable to visit this auction, but can any forum member tell me how much lot 150, the Hacker Mayflower RV14 sold for?

ALAN
Old 13th Jul 2008, 2:28 pm   #24
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I can't remember the exact value but I remember Mike being surprised it was quite cheap. Hopefully we will have the results for the website soon. I'll email Mike to ask for them.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 13th Jul 2008, 10:59 pm   #25
ajs37
Heptode

I seem to remember it went for just over £20? £22?
Cheers
Andy
Closed Thread