UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Mar 2015, 11:51 pm   #1
024calibrav6
Retired Dormant Member

Default GEC valve radios.

Hi.

I've just saved two radios from going in the bin. There were my dad's. They are GEC BC44444 and BC402.

Both look in excellent condition and I thought they should be saved but are they worth keeping?

Cheers.
Old 16th Mar 2015, 12:45 am   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: GEC valve radios.

The BC402 looks quite stylish and does FM and the BC4444 is a mains/battery attache case portable. In good condition I would say neither is worth a fortune but both were worth rescuing. Not a good idea to try them- unless you know they've been in regular use recently there will be some time expired components- not expensive in themselves but capable of causing expensive damage!

Best place to get an idea of value is Ebay sold listings. If you like you can offer them on here at a fixed price or you might get more by auctioning them.
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread