UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jan 2007, 11:46 pm   #1
Aub
Nonode

Default Mullard Audio Amp Book

Hi All,
I recently re-discovered the Mullard book of audio amp circuits which i'd forgotten was in the loft. I don't know how common this book is. It was published in 1959 and has the 5-20 and 5-10 circuits with construction details, as well as other amps and pre-amps. If anyone wants any details from it I can try scanning and attaching to a PM.

All the best.

Aub

Last edited by Darren-UK; 15th Jul 2011 at 1:57 pm.
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 8:07 pm   #2
sparkymike
Octode

Default Re: Mullard Audio Amp Book

The Mullard circuit book has been reissued and I bought a copy a couple of years ago. Full title isTube circuits for audio amplifiers. The ISBN no. is ISBN 1-882580-03-6. It was priced at $16.95 but I am sure I got it somewhere in England.
Mike
Old 4th Feb 2007, 3:24 am   #3
miller_effect
Retired Dormant Member

The re-print is available from Amazon.co.UK.
Excellent book, well worth getting.
Old 4th Feb 2007, 6:38 pm   #4
Aerodyne
Octode

Quote:
Excellent book, well worth getting.
I'll second that! A very nostalgic and interesting read. I bought it when it first came out (well, the edition which had a 7-watt stereo amp as well as the 3-3 and 5-10. I believe there were other editions but I stand to be corrected on that) and built several of the designs with great success. I bought the American reprint via a valve Hi-Fi magazine's book for sale page. The only worthwhile thing in the magazine* and the reason I bought it, lest anyone thinks I'm going all audiophool in my dotage.
Well worth getting hold of a copy.
*Ever read a copy of Fortean Times? Similar experience.
-Tony
Closed Thread