UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Aug 2019, 9:51 pm   #1
flyingtech55
Octode

Default RS Rectifier 41A.

Hi folks

I've found in my component stocks an RS REC 41A bridge rectifier. It's RS part number is 261-031. I've looked on-line (including RS On-line) and can't find any information on it. Does anyone have an old RS catalogue with it in it so that I can find out its characteristics. I'm building a power supply (should have finished it yesterday) and it looks about right.

Thanks in anticipation

TimR
Old 30th Aug 2019, 10:16 pm   #2
jimmc101
Heptode

Default Re: Rs rec 41a

From the 1972/73 Catalogue:

'Ratings are for capacitive loads at Tamb = 55'C mounted on a heat sink 110 x 110mm 16s.w.g.'

REC41A

100V.P.I.V. If = 1.8A

IFSM = 45A. VF= 2.4V at 2.2A

IRM = 10uA

Jim
Old 31st Aug 2019, 10:35 pm   #3
flyingtech55
Octode

Default Re: RS Rectifier 41A.

Jim

Thank you so much for producing this spec. so quickly. I read, absorbed and put into use the information you supplied. Was up 'till 02.00 working on the power supplies. All done, finished and tested by about 18.00 this evening ready to install in new launch point bus tomorrow...only two days late. Ironically the new bus is broken and can't be used so I got away with not having the PSUs ready. Folk make decisions, change things but don't always think through the implications of their actions. However, all part of the fun I suppose.

Anyways, thanks again for your speedy reply, very much appreciated,

Tim(R)