UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Sep 2020, 8:59 pm   #21
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: Future Supplies of Standards Converters?.

Sorry I do have something else to post here, going back a three years, there was a post about using a Hackrf to generate TV pictures by a person named Phil
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=141810

Well guess who has one sat doing nothing.

The software is still being worked on and I just downloaded and tried it out on my Linux PC, it is working OK and can play media files to my Sony 9-90UB on a 405 line standard. looks like it supports quite a few standards.

Adrian
Old 27th Sep 2020, 5:00 pm   #22
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

Many thanks to all who responded to my post, and I'm going to build a Hedgehog, and there'll be three additional spare PCBs available for Members when I get mine!

Chris Williams
Old 27th Sep 2020, 7:39 pm   #23
peter_scott
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
The mini display port to VGA adaptor is giving me a composite video signal, but at a frame rate of 60 Hz so the mode lines are not working with the Radeon HD 7470 card it does not appear to support it.

Adrian
If you don't have administrator access then you may not be able to change the registry settings that the modeline settings require.

Try a simple registry change to see if you have permission.

Peter
Old 27th Sep 2020, 8:28 pm   #24
AdrianH
Octode

Hello Peter, yes I have sudo access, I have a few cards to play with, the one I have back in now is my NVS510 which is 4 ports mini display port. I have another card which is a AMD HD8350, this has a DMS-59 socket on the back but I was missing the adaptor to give me two VGA ports so one is on it's way of Ebay for the pricey sum of £3.50, I may have better luck with this. But I was very surprised with the Hackrf software and what it can do. I have a HH2 or order as well.

Adrian
Old 29th Dec 2020, 7:31 pm   #25
jhalphen
Hexode

Hi to all,

if anyone is interested in Aurora 625 to 819 line converters with modulator (model SCRF819E),
French importer Paleophonies will have a few early january.
see the web site for Mail & contact information :

http://www.paleophonies.com/

Aurora Specs & user manuals here :
https://www.tech-retro.com/aurora-design/sc.html

Best regards
jhalphen
Closed Thread