UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2020, 11:00 am   #1
JimmyDeath
Pentode

Default Free but Faulty TV & Sat Level Meter

Hello all

On offer is a Promax TV & Satellite Level Meter MC-944 complete with carry case but no batteries.

I was given this in a faulty condition many moons ago by a forum member, I fixed it, used it for a while and then it sat on my shelf (I guess a couple of years but then my wife tells me my memory isn't the best)

The CRT appears to work albeit displaying just noise but the LCD is displaying random characters and beeping whenever you press a button and I as I no longer have a use for it I have no enthusiasm to investigate what's up.

So if you would like it is offered FoC, it weighs just shy of 10kg and so packing will possibly take it over this.

If you would like it then you are welcome to collect from the CB6 area of Cambridgeshire (social distance rules apply of course) or I would consider shipping if you want it that much. This will be in the region of 13 depending on how much the packing weighs and if I have to use new materials like polystyrene sheet.

Please do not turn this thread into a discussion on shipping methods.

If more than one interested I'll pick a name after a few days

Regards

James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080146.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	206721  
Old 25th May 2020, 12:17 pm   #2
Electrical
Hexode

Default Re: Free but Faulty TV & Sat Level Meter

Hello James
I would like to offer a good home to the Promax MC-944. I am sure this instrument would have been very useful in fault finding the RF output fault on my TV pattern generator. As I live far away from you the instrument would have to be posted and I am more than willing to cover all costs. However if someone more local can pick the instrument up and save you the hassle in packing and sending the instrument please give them first choice.
Regards Stan.
Old 27th May 2020, 2:06 am   #3
keland_uk
Diode

I'd be interested, live in CB23 so you're close.

PM me please.
Old 28th May 2020, 7:36 pm   #4
thermionic
Heptode

Hi James.

May I also express an interest please?

Cheers. SimonT.
Old 29th May 2020, 3:21 pm   #5
JimmyDeath
Pentode

Hello all

Thanks for the interest, the winner has been notified and the item is now taken subject to shipping. Sorry to everyone else

Regards

James
Closed Thread