UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2010, 10:09 am   #1
richwk1
Retired Dormant Member

Default 700 Series Dial Wiring ??

Hi all
Can anyone out there give me hand with this 700 series dial. I have wired many up over the years but this particular one has me a bit stumped. As it is encased in plastic i can't manage to work out which wire corresponds to which contact.
I f somebody has come across this dial before and could give me the correct wire color to corresponding screws i would be very grateful.
I have tried a few combination's with varying degrees of success and as there are hundreds of possible combination's i really need the correct one !!!

Thanks All, Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010025.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	35326   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010026.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	35327   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010027.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	35328  
Old 4th May 2010, 10:29 am   #2
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default Re: 700 Series Dial Wiring ??

The easiset thing to do would be to slip a piece of paper between the dial off-normal contacts and buzz them all out with a multimeter from terminal to contact. Once you've established the DON contacts and written them down you can buzz out the pulse contacts similarly.

You will then be ready to connect up your dial as per the 'N'-diagram. All you need to know is that there are two sets of DON contacts and one set of pulse contacts, and that one leg of one of the DON contacts will be commoned with one of the pulse contacts. Use this DON / pulse-contact common point as per the 'N'-diagram.

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:09 am   #3
richwk1
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: 700 Series Dial Wiring ??

Thanks Russell, i will probably have to do as you say it's just i was hoping to save a bit of time if somebody had the correct layout as i am working on 11 different phones at the moment and anything that saves a bit of time i could do with.
I am also trying to inventory my stock to get ready to sell some, i have a large amount of 700 series stuff ( 100 plus cases !!!!) and i desperately need to sell some off as room is becoming limited in the workshop !!!
It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff you actually have when you get it all out and catalog it, " WHERE THE HELL DID IT ALL COME FROM !!"
I know its not the right place for an add but if anybody is looking for 700 series parts i have lots of stuff, some good some bad and some definitely ugly.
Just PM me and have a chat.

Rich
Closed Thread