UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Dec 2018, 2:54 pm   #1
BUSHVHF
Tetrode

Default SANYO G2422 can I change the voltage?

I am going to get a Sanyo G2422 music centre that I plan to take back to The Netherlands were we have 220v a/c power, does anyone know if I will have to reset the voltage on this British sanyo music centre, and if so, how? I dont have a service manual for it, thanks Bushvhf
Old 16th Dec 2018, 3:08 pm   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: SANYO G2422 can I change the voltage?

If it is designed for the UK voltage then it should work in the Netherlands without changing anything.

Mike
Old 17th Dec 2018, 10:50 am   #3
Herald1360
Dekatron

Except the plug
.........O..Chris....O
Old 17th Dec 2018, 11:31 am   #4
ben
Dekatron

The voltage in the UK and Europe is now specified at 230v +10%, -6%. So in theory you could have 216-253v. In practice you're more likely to have nearer 220v which is what as been common here for decades. Modern transistor equipment should manage just fine.
Closed Thread