UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Sep 2018, 5:31 am   #1
arcadianblue
Diode

Default Grundig 2280 Locks In Fast Forward

Hi

I have a Grundig 2280 stereo video recorder that enters fast forward as soon as it powers on. A tape is not even loaded. Controls fail to respond. I checked connections and visually inspected things but I do not know what else to do. Anyone familiar with this design and known issues? Thanks
Old 17th Sep 2018, 2:40 am   #2
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Grundig 2280 Locks In Fast Forward

The "ablaufsteuerung" (system control) board is faulty. Very common problem in these Grundigs.

Fivos
Old 12th Oct 2018, 1:36 pm   #3
arcadianblue
Diode

Where can one source a working ablaufsteuerung board?
Old 13th Oct 2018, 6:22 pm   #4
Maarten
Dekatron

Possibly nowhere, since a scrapper may also have a faulty board but if you have too little experience with real troubleshooting and want to try to repair it without a steep learning curve, you could try to blindly replace all tantalum capacitors (Grundig always seemed to use them in older models, I'm sure they still used them in this one). Maybe someone else knows about other common problems.

Another alternative is to find a late model Philips, they are somewhat more reliable even if a 30 years old machine won't be perfect.
Closed Thread