UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Oct 2017, 2:36 pm   #1
ex seismic
Heptode

Default The Last Post

Mods please move this if necessary.

On last night's BBC's Last Post they were using a radio setup in an office. Does anyone recognise it? Being aware how bad this programme is on detail, the Landrovers have so much wrong with them, and last night's voice procedure was dire, I am sure the radios are something out of a junk shop but they did look the part. As the programme is shot in SA maybe the radios also come from there.

Gordon
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 6:27 pm   #2
Stockden
Heptode

Default Re: The Last Post

No I didn't recognise any of the radio equipment as being British of any vintage let alone the date at which the programme is set. I assumed that it was stuff supplied to the production company in South Africa.

Hugh
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 7:40 pm   #3
paulsherwin

Despite all the period trappings, this is just a soap. I doubt if anybody busts a gut over historical accuracy, so long as everything looks vaguely '60s'. Everybody looks very attractive and stylish, and I suppose that's all that matters for the target audience. It's a bit like Our Girl, another female focussed soapy military drama series.
Old 24th Oct 2017, 7:30 am   #4
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

I recall seeing some footage of Land Rovers during the Aden emergency on YouTube and they had Larkspur gear fitted, probably C42s. I'd expect the HQ to have similar kit to that fitted in vehicles. If others want to have a try at identifyng the kit used in the latest Last Post episode, it's around 17 minutes in on IPlayer.

Cheers

Roger
Old 24th Oct 2017, 8:37 am   #5
ms660
Dekatron

Ref radio at 17 mins in on Iplayer, one of the units is a RT524:

http://armyradio.com/RT-524-VRC-VHF-...ep-Humvee.html

Lawrence.
Closed Thread