UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Sep 2006, 6:17 pm   #1
jim_beacon
Retired Dormant Member

Default Radio display this weekend

Hi,

just thought I'd give a little reminder. I shall be at the Steam Rally at the Bucks Railway Centre, near Aylesbury this weekend, taking along about 30 radios in various states of disrepair (a couple only arrived this week, but are interesting enough to take along).

Details of the site are here:

http://www.bucksrailcentre.org

It's usually a good day, with traction engines, steam rollers, vintage vehicles and the like, as well as both full size and minature steam train rides.

Hope to see a few familar faces

Jim.
Old 7th Oct 2006, 10:14 pm   #2
jim_beacon
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Radio display this weekend

After a few camera problems, I've put some pictures of the display here:

www.g1jbg.co.uk/quaint.htm

Jim.
Old 8th Oct 2006, 12:18 pm   #3
FRANK.C
Heptode

Well done Jim
An interesting display of radios
Did you get the KB169 going?

Regards
Frank
Old 8th Oct 2006, 12:29 pm   #4
jim_beacon
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks Frank!

I've hadn't done anything to the KB169 yet - it only arrived a couple of days before the event. I'm in two minds whether to do anyhting or not, as it is in original, untouched condition, but to make it work, I would at least have to replace the perished mains wiring (probably the only bit of rubber covered wire in the set).

The display was a little unusual, in that 5 of the sets on show had only arrived in the last week!

I only had two sets working, the Pye P123BQ, and the Super Fringe 8 (thanks Brenda), as I didn't have access to reliadle mains.

Jim.
Closed Thread