UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Dec 2006, 8:30 pm   #1
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default BVWS DVD Christmas 2006

I have just received and been watching a test copy of the latest BVWS DVD. Assuming there are no changes before production (which is extremely unlikely) there are six films this time, with a total running time I would guess at around 90 minutes.

I am not going to say what the films are, however I will say that they are fascinating and make an excellent DVD! I think it is the best one the BVWS have compiled so far.

The bad news is that I believe the DVD will not be ready for sending out with the Christmas bulletins, so it will be sent with the late January mailing containing the membership card etc instead.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 16th Dec 2006, 9:38 am   #2
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWS DVD Christmas 2006

Looking forward to that, Paul. Previous ones were excellent.
Worth joining for that alone, if you have not done so yet.
Old 16th Dec 2006, 12:17 pm   #3
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Phelan View Post
Worth joining for that alone, if you have not done so yet.
Damn, I keep thinking about it, but the membership runs from the 1st January 2007, so I guess I'll have to miss this one

Regards
David
Old 16th Dec 2006, 12:56 pm   #4
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I believe when you join you get all the CDs and DVDs that have been issued over the last few years. I have been producing batches of CD-Rs of the first CD-ROM issued for this purpose, because the BVWS have run out of the pressed ones.

I'm sure you would get this DVD if you joined from Jan 2007.

Email the membership secretary to confirm this.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 16th Dec 2006, 1:59 pm   #5
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

WEll worth joining ,Ive been a member since age 12or13, early 1980s . interesting bulletins and so profetional these days compared to the photostat ones from the early days .. Im definately looking forward to the DVD
Old 16th Dec 2006, 2:45 pm   #6
evingar
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipp1968 View Post
WEll worth joining ,Ive been a member since age 12or13, early 1980s . interesting bulletins and so profetional these days compared to the photostat ones from the early days .. Im definately looking forward to the DVD
I'd echo that !
I've only been a member since Mr. Miller took over “405 Alive” (I dumped “405 Alive” when Andy left and I had an "issue" with the new owner). Present and past members of "405 Alive" were sent an introductory copy of the BVWS Mag when Mr. Miller decided to throw in the towel slightly later and the BVWS took on "405 Alive" interests. This is the reason why it now has so many excellent articles about television technology along side its also excellent articles on radio. Keep it up lads
Old 16th Dec 2006, 3:05 pm   #7
masteradio
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stenning View Post
I have just received and been watching a test copy of the latest BVWS DVD. Assuming there are no changes before production (which is extremely unlikely) there are six films this time, with a total running time I would guess at around 90 minutes.

I am not going to say what the films are, however I will say that they are fascinating and make an excellent DVD! I think it is the best one the BVWS have compiled so far.

The bad news is that I believe the DVD will not be ready for sending out with the Christmas bulletins, so it will be sent with the late January mailing containing the membership card etc instead.

Paul is correct in that the DVD will not be ready to be sent out with the Winter Bulletin. It will in fact be sent out in February with the 2007 membership cards and members adds.

Any new members will get all CD's / DVD's when they join, there are currently 7 which have been produced. This years will be number 8.

Also I would like to remind you all to get your membership renewals in early and not to forget the Special Auction in Wootton Bassett on the 14th January (You need to be a member to bid). Membership can be done on the day but I would prefer and appreciate it if it was done in advance.

Seasons Greetings and a happy new year to you all.
Old 16th Dec 2006, 3:54 pm   #8
JoshWard
Octode

Looking forward to this one! I joined the BVWS this year and some-one from the forum very kindly payed for my membership. When I received I got all the DVDs and CDs. Josh.
Closed Thread