UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Nov 2006, 11:28 pm   #1
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default A lonely tuning capacitor.

Just thought I'd share this curious sight: I'd offer a quiz as to the manufacturer of the set, but as I've already posted this and other photos of it at the Hacker group it wouldn't be fair The radio, then, is an RP82 Hacker Herald, which, though it looks like the Consort (and so is about as big as the Hunter), shares its printed circuit board with the little RP70 Ranger. In the Ranger the tuning condenser is on a single board with the rest of the nine-transistor circuit, but the mechanical layout here wouldn't allow that, and so it has to be all on its own. I'm not sure yet whether the board is drilled to accommodate all the components of the Consort's AM-FM tuning head, which occupied the same position in the cabinet...

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_11020005B.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	6538  
Closed Thread