UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Mar 2006, 8:52 am   #1
jasee
Retired Dormant Member

Default 625 line test cards

Hi,
Where can I download standard test cards which I can use in a dvd player for adjusting TVs? (the sort that seem to sell on Ebay for £5 -£10!). I've googled, found some intersting stuff but not what I want.
Thanks
Old 31st Mar 2006, 11:35 am   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: 625 line test cards

That sounds like a good idea... You could save the image onto a Photo CD, which could then be played on a DVD player and fed into the TV under test. Let us know if anything turns up.

Nick
Old 31st Mar 2006, 1:38 pm   #3
molochkartovski
Tetrode

I've got one of those DVD's of testcards and test patterns from ebay if anyone wants a copy send me a PM.
It's not without it's problems though in that it'll only play a specific test card or pattern for 5 minutes before auto stopping and going back to the disc menu, and of course if you pause it you get your DVD players screen saver cutting in eventually. However I find it just as good as the pattern generator for setting up convergence etc.

Richard
Old 31st Mar 2006, 2:51 pm   #4
paulsherwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochkartovski
It's not without it's problems though in that it'll only play a specific test card or pattern for 5 minutes before auto stopping and going back to the disc menu, and of course if you pause it you get your DVD players screen saver cutting in eventually.
Most DVD players allow you to adjust the screen saver timeout or turn it off altogether.

Best regards, Paul
Old 31st Mar 2006, 4:13 pm   #5
jasee
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsherwin
Most DVD players allow you to adjust the screen saver timeout or turn it off altogether.

Best regards, Paul
Most? DVD players allow you to display images, if I have an image of a test card in a suitable size, wouldn't that work. It might even be better?
Old 19th Jul 2006, 2:31 am   #6
retroteck
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochkartovski
I've got one of those DVD's of testcards and test patterns from ebay if anyone wants a copy send me a PM.
It's not without it's problems though in that it'll only play a specific test card or pattern for 5 minutes before auto stopping and going back to the disc menu, and of course if you pause it you get your DVD players screen saver cutting in eventually. However I find it just as good as the pattern generator for setting up convergence etc.

Richard
It's possible to extract the mpeg video file from the test card track you
need from the DVD and then join multiple copies of this in a pc video editing
package and then burn a DVD to any length you need, adding sound if you want it. I did this with the test card C track, using Ulead MovieFactory 2 to reclaim the mpeg file, then I used Pinnacle Studio 9 to extend the playing
time and add sound and then burned a DVD. Quality is indistinguishable from orriginal disc and the joins are not
visible.

Rod (new member)
Old 19th Jul 2006, 1:31 pm   #7
Tazman1966
Nonode

Hello Chaps

I mentioned these in another thread. Don't worry about the DVD screen saver cutting in. Simply set the player to repeat the chapter that you rquire and it will do this infinitum. Problem solved - hopefully!

Tas
Closed Thread