UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jun 2024, 3:55 pm   #1
gw0udmgw
Triode

Default Headrest DVD players + accessories - FOC

Hi all

Not vintage exactly... well in some ways I suppose DVDs are pretty vintage... but hopefully of interest to someone one here.

This is a set of car headrests with built-in DVD players. They are quite a nice design, and replace entirely the normal car headrest with a single unit which contains a DVD player under a hinged screen. The wiring harness allows both units to show the same video or different ones, and it also allows input from an external HDMI and various other things. They will need wiring in to a suitable 12V supply in the car, I tapped off the back of the cigarette lighter although added a 'kill switch' for getting attention.

Both come with infra-red remotes, which double as games controllers and there is a disc with each containing loads of games (mostly from the NES and similar).

The units support infra-red headphones but I think I've only got one working set left, although you can also use them with wired headphones which we found a lot more reliable. You can also buy new IR headphones for these, I think they are all the same. They have two channels, A&B, so the person in the middle in the back can choose which to listen to!

They are well used, but in full working order (or at least they were when put away). My kids loved them in the far-off days before they had mobile phones and they made long journeys a pleasure.

Having a major clearout and need to get them out of the way so free to collector. Can probably throw in some kids DVDs if this is of interest, we have loads.

Will run a hat if there is interest, I'm in Harborne (south Birmingham)

James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210405_202204.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	299422  
Old 22nd Jun 2024, 6:33 pm   #2
electronicskip
Nonode

Default Re: Headrest DVD players + accessories - FOC

Hello please may i go in the hat for these ,although would it be possible for postage? ,obviously im happy to pay p&p on them if postage is available.
Thank you.
Old 22nd Jun 2024, 7:09 pm   #3
gw0udmgw
Triode

Sure

Yes I can offer postage at cost, no issue

James
Old 24th Jun 2024, 11:35 pm   #4
gw0udmgw
Triode

Anyone else want in?
Old 24th Jun 2024, 11:41 pm   #5
Reelman
Octode

Could I also go in the hat please James? Sound ideal to keep the two grandchildren entertained in the car, they would love the games as well!

Many thanks,

Peter
Old 25th Jun 2024, 11:37 am   #6
gw0udmgw
Triode

Yes sure Peter. Anyone else? Will leave it open until Thursday evening and draw the hat then.
Old 30th Jun 2024, 4:13 pm   #7
gw0udmgw
Triode

Thanks all and sorry for the delay

I allocated 'heads' and 'tails' and flipped a virtual coin three times, and the overall winner was Reelman - so congratulations Peter and I'll drop you a message

James
Closed Thread