UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2019, 12:05 pm   #1
orbanp1
Heptode

Default Russian military VHF receiver

Hello Everyone,

I picked up a Russian military VHF receiver at a hamfest, Type R-313 M2.
It covers the band from 100MHz to 425MHz. It seems to have AM, FM, and CW modes (and some others?).
It also seems to be working on initial inspection, I managed to receive a commercial FM station with it.

I could not find much on this radio. All I found was a video on YouTube where someone tuned around a similar receiver.
I did see the earlier version, the non M2 variant, but that is different.

Would anyone have documentation on this radio, possibly schematics?
It would be interesting to see it.

Thanks, Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0321.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	190345  
Old 17th Sep 2019, 12:32 pm   #2
dominicbeesley
Octode

Default Re: Russian military VHF receiver

Did you search in cyrillic? https://www.google.com/search?q=%D1%80313%D0%BC2

There's a fair few pages come up, if you're in chrome when the page has downloaded right click to translate...

There looks to be a "схема" here http://radionostalgia.ca/forum/viewt...hp?f=43&t=1845 (not sure that that's the right word...I'm trying, very slowly to teach myself Russian)

An interesting receiver, I'm jealous

D
Old 17th Sep 2019, 12:32 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

As a long shot,try Ben Nock's Military Museum.(UK)
Old 17th Sep 2019, 2:14 pm   #4
GMB
Dekatron

I found this: http://www.repeater-builder.com/hamt.../pdf2/R313.pdf
Old 18th Sep 2019, 11:58 am   #5
orbanp1
Heptode

Hello Everyone,

Many thanks for all the replies!
Interesting web-site that radionostalgia on that radio, too bad it is only in Russian.
Unfortunately my Russian is non existent.

While web-page translation helps, it seems one needs to sign up to that forum to have access to the schematics with usable resolution.
The image as it downloads from that page is illegitimate.
I would need to find someone who could accomplish getting onto that forum and download that schematics for me.

Thanks again, Peter
Old 18th Sep 2019, 2:03 pm   #6
ionburn
Heptode

As mentioned the trick is to use a Russian on screen keyboard and learn Cyrillic translation. To my limited ability I had a quick search finding this page: https://military.trcvr.ru/2018/01/15...-r-313-meteor/ which led me to to a PDF file (too big for site so contact me if you cannot follow the instruction I give as I have downloaded it).

Under the second picture and text you will see two green strips with '+' boxes. Clicking the first '+' will give photos (фото). Clicking the second (maybe materials as I see it translate to - материалы) opens a green box with two files (you will perhaps need to scholl down as they are not at the top). The first is a schematic. The second appears to be a zipped manual or part of (obviously in Russian). Please let me know if you get them Ok as I have downloaded. If not the right model I may be able to search further.

NOTE: ps Sorry I was looking under the 'M' not 'M2' but I am not going to re-write as just scroll down the initial page to the 'M2' model and follow the same instructions. This will lead you to the file which I upload as it is small enough - Sorry for longwinded but I thought it good to show the process. My previous note about flagging up issues still applies!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Р-313М2.pdf (370.9 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by ionburn; 18th Sep 2019 at 2:23 pm.
Old 18th Sep 2019, 7:20 pm   #7
orbanp1
Heptode

Hi Ionburn,

Thanks for the link, successfully downloaded the schematics and the book of the earlier version.
Too bad they do not have the same book for the M2 version!

Interesting that the M2 receiver uses a hybrid circuit!
It also looks that the transistors employed there are mostly PNP devices, and most probably Germanium.
I guess at that time they did not have transistors with high enough operating frequencies to use them in the input stages, or if they had them they did not consider them robust enough.

Thanks again for the help!

Peter

Last edited by orbanp1; 18th Sep 2019 at 7:25 pm.
Closed Thread