UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Nov 2012, 4:57 pm   #1
German Dalek
Hexode

Default ONE MORE! Bush TV 22 F/625 line FM sound.

I just bought this week another Bush TV 22 F.
Some informations about this rare set I've found here:
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ht=Bush+tv+22f

The seller told me that his wife's father got it in the late 60s. It was a trade-in because the pre-owner decided to buy a new TV set.
In the late 60s it was about 18 years old and I think the pre-owner was happy to got rid of it this way.
The shop was in Amsterdam.
It was repaired and it was possible to watch one channel on it, the seller said.
ROLAND HUISMAN told me, that there are not 10 sets (including mine) known.

Now it is interesting to dig for the sales-history. It seems that this set was the first non-405-line-TV-set
made in the UK and that this set was the first exported TV set out of the UK.

Is there any new information? What does old mags, Bush sales literature or ex-employees know?
It is "only" 60 years ago, that this set was delivered, but the history of trying to sell BUSH TVs in the Netherlands is lost.

Philips was/is a strong company, not easy for domestic companies to get a foot in the dutch door.
Only a very low price could lead to a good deal, but to construct a different set than 405 lines/AM sound and selling it in low numbers is not a good deal.

What I know from Roland is that the showing up chassis numbers are running from a one-digit number to about 150, so maybe only 160, 180 or 200 were made.

I think this "case" needs a new discussion here!

Best regards,

The German Dalek.

MARC BOLAN, he was/is the real king of Pop Music!

Last edited by German Dalek; 28th Nov 2012 at 5:14 pm.
Old 15th May 2013, 7:45 pm   #2
Roland Huisman
Tetrode

Default Re: ONE MORE! Bush TV 22 F/625 line FM sound.

Nice, another TV22F You can see a picture of the introduction
here in Amsterdam. You can read some dutch text and also a phone number.

http://www.gloeidraad.nl/radioforum/...hread&id=94401
Closed Thread