UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Mar 2016, 5:11 pm   #41
Viper78
Triode

Default Re: Sanyo VTC 9300P

That's great. I'll give the Idler's and mechanisms a good clean after Easter weekend.

I'll be pleased if this fixes the problem of the tape not feeding into the machine but if it turns out to be electrical which I suspect I'll look into sending it to you Kev.
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 5:29 pm   #42
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Any thing that has a shaft through it can seize plus the chance of grease hardening on these components.

Feel that you are near to sucess.

Would love the chance to fire my 9300 up but alas it sits in storage pending a house purchase as does my other stuff.
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 6:01 pm   #43
Sanbeta
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper78 View Post
Well I've now removed the digital display and I'm guessing this has blow and will need replaced.
Usually if the vacuum fluorescent displays seem to give up on the Sanyo's it's the drive IC (under the display). If the caps go out or high ESR the display flickers or randomly turns off. Also it could be caused by cracks to the board or bad connections/dry joints too.

.......Kev
Old 24th Mar 2016, 4:18 pm   #44
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

That was a common fault on the VTC 5000. The caps in the PSU went bad and the clock was flickering and resetted when you switched the machine to ON. Mine had this issue and I fixed it by replacing a 100 uf 16 volt cap.
Closed Thread