UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2020, 10:16 pm   #1
g0hze snowy
Hexode

Default Grundig 3028

Hi, are there display spares in particular the film across the front with all the frequencies written on them, I am considering getting this radio but the display bothers me. thansk
Old 21st May 2020, 10:22 pm   #2
vidjoman
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig 3028

If you mean the markings on the glass then there are no spares that I have found except if you can find a good one. Problem seems to be that in production they stuck a piece of sellotape to the back of the glass to stop it getting scratched as the glass was fitted to the holding clamps and over the years this dried up and pulled the printing off the glass. I did try to reproduce this print but have not yet been successful.
Old 21st May 2020, 10:28 pm   #3
g0hze snowy
Hexode

Default Re: Grundig 3028

That's what I thought, so I give this one a miss, thanks for your input, much appreciated Vidjoman.
Closed Thread