UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Apr 2020, 10:50 pm   #21
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: A tale of two Bush TV22 LOPT

Hi Dave,
I think that deserves top marks as a work around! I also would not have thought of doing that!!

I'm surprised that the frame linearity is so good.

All the best
Nick
Old 28th Apr 2020, 9:38 am   #22
Davewantsone
Hexode

Well it will do as a work around. I have made the connections tidy and fastened the two transformers to the main frame.
I had a bad case of mains hum from the loudspeaker in this set. I would like to thank L.Lawry-Johns (RIP) for solving the problem. In his Practical Tv article "Servicing TV Receivers" number 3 (1950s), he told me what the problem was. A earthing nut and bolt just below the fuse holders comes loose. This was in my case tightening up result no more hum!
Old 28th Apr 2020, 4:09 pm   #23
Davewantsone
Hexode

Well the set is now like Jack "back in the box". The fold over on the LHS with a white line if I tried to increase the width was caused by the 1k ohm resistor going to the grid of the line output valve. I had checked it earlier and it read 1.1 k ohm. This was a 10% tolerance resistor so I did not change it . I tacked a 13k ohm across it and it took the resistance down to 1.04 k ohms. On switch on no foldover and plenty of width from the control that actually worked correctly and no white line! I measured the EHT and it had gone up to 7.25kV!
Thanks again for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	testcardc.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	204204  
Old 28th Apr 2020, 4:20 pm   #24
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Might have to check that resistor on mine, it’s got similar ringing/ fold over problems, and generally looks a bit naff... has been a good few years since restoration now though!

Regards
Lloyd
Closed Thread