UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jun 2023, 10:16 am   #1
Keith956
Heptode

Default Plug for Prinz Magnon Super IQ projector

Anyone know a source of a plug for a Prinz Magnon Super IQ cine projector, it was my father's in the 60's, I'd like to view some old films he took back in the day if possible. Been stored in the loft for 50+ years so not sure if it still works!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5150.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	279252   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5149.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	279253  
Old 3rd Aug 2023, 11:49 am   #2
Gulliver
Hexode

Default Re: Plug for Prinz Magnon Super IQ projector

Did you get anywhere with this?

If I recall correctly, this model has a chain belt inside which should have lasted better than the rubber belts in many such projectors. Prinz was Dixon's own brand, placed squarely in the budget sector but usually decent enough performers. Those Magnon Super IQ projectors were one of the better products under the name. Note that despite being considered "budget", it cost £55 in 1971 which would be over £1000 now adjusted for inflation.

It's a dual gauge model, very popular at the time. It can be set to project the older std 8mm film and super 8 film. At that point in time a lot of people were switching or had recently switched from std8 to super 8 and wanted to be able to show both on the same machine. IQ will refer to the "iodine-quarz" lamp, a modern equivalent for which may not be available or might be expensive....depending on what lamp it is. If you're lucky there's a more modern halogen equivalent which is still being manufactured.

That looks like a proprietary connector though. You might get more luck searching eBay or similar for a working projector with a more common IEC connector. Alternatively your profile suggests you're in Oxfordshire.....there's bound to be someone in Oxford who is using cine projectors and might have one to lend. If you were closer to Luton I'd offer myself

Last edited by Gulliver; 3rd Aug 2023 at 11:59 am.
Closed Thread