UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Dec 2005, 12:13 am   #1
Liz037
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips N4307 tape recorder

Does anyone know where I can purchase a drive belt for this machine please? I have one which was working perfectly until the belt went! I have tapes with my parents voices on and I would love to hear them again so I would be very grateful for any assistance. Thank you.
Old 1st Dec 2005, 2:05 am   #2
Gavtech
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Philips N4307 tape recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz037
Does anyone know where I can purchase a drive belt for this machine please? I have one which was working perfectly until the belt went! I have tapes with my parents voices on and I would love to hear them again so I would be very grateful for any assistance. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum Liz.

You were unlucky not to just look a little further below for information about obtaining belts for the N4307 and N4308.

See the thread HERE

That should help you . If not post on the forum again.

Good luck

Gavin
Old 1st Dec 2005, 10:06 am   #3
Gavtech
Retired Dormant Member

Incidentally Liz there are 4 belts in total on this machine. The main drive belt is unusually long.
There are further postings about their sizes , probably buried in the archive by now, should you require that information.

Gavin
Old 2nd Dec 2005, 1:25 pm   #4
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

I have the belts for the 4307/8, there are a total of five belts which cover the various series , if you would contact me I could assist you with further details.

Doffery
Old 3rd Dec 2005, 4:20 pm   #5
terry
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFFERY
I have the belts for the 4307/8, there are a total of five belts which cover the various series , if you would contact me I could assist you with further details.

Doffery
hi interested in a set of belts for the philips n4370 price for a full set thanks Terry
Old 5th Dec 2005, 6:08 pm   #6
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry
hi interested in a set of belts for the philips n4370 price for a full set thanks Terry
Hope I am not breaking any rules but the set of 5 is £14. 00, if you require any other details please contact me by pm
Old 7th Dec 2005, 10:13 am   #7
Andrew_Keith
Retired Dormant Member

Thumbs up Re: Philips N4307 tape recorder

Hi Terry,there are two methods of driving the take-up clutch on the 4307, one is directly from a groove in the motor pulley. And the other as in my machine is a slighty longer belt driven from the above-deck flywheel pulley.
It may help if you let Doffery know which machine you have, as i ended up with a left-over belt Although i doubt very much if it will make much difference to cost. If after replacing the belts you have any problems with the take-up clutch, which is quite possible, there is a thread on the forum which goes into good detail as to restoring this

Kind Regards.
Old 7th Dec 2005, 5:32 pm   #8
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Re: Philips N4307 tape recorder

Don't complicate it Andrew, there are three versions of the 4307 , the earliest using only three belts, the later using 4 belts with alternative drive on the take up. Hence my "kit" of 5 belts covering all versions, obviating the requirement of the owner to find out which version they have, remember some have limited knowledge . The "left over " belt in some cases would double as a replacement counter belt. If all belts were purchased on a one to one basis , the costs would increase & my kit of 5 resolves all the belt problems in the series.

No offence meant Andrew .

Doffery
Old 7th Dec 2005, 8:32 pm   #9
Andrew_Keith
Retired Dormant Member

Thumbs up Re: Philips N4307 tape recorder

Hi Doffery, No offence taken

Regards.
Closed Thread