UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Nov 2008, 3:56 pm   #21
Wills100
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Murphy B40

Thanks Sean,

Sorry, I couldn't see my original post when I went back to look at it. Have found it now though. At that point I didn't even know if the thing worked, I now know it does (of sorts) which is great.

The mains connector is two pole Sean, I can send you a picture, will PM you.

Thanks,

Will.
Old 24th Nov 2008, 10:17 pm   #22
QWENIX
Pentode

For those of you who don't know yet and want want more information. There's also a topic going on about the B40's, see link.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/...ic.php?t=96959

Also some information about how to change the three pin into a double pin mains connector.

best regards,

Qwenix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mains plug connector B40 (Large).jpg
Views:	198
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	21446  

Last edited by QWENIX; 24th Nov 2008 at 10:36 pm.
Old 7th Dec 2008, 4:20 pm   #23
Farzooks
Tetrode

Re the main connector - on mine I simply pared down the sides of a fig-8 two pin universal connector and arranged an additional earth wire to screw on to the front casing.
I believe the originals were Belkin or similar and I'm sure I've seen them in RS or Farnell cats.
Old 30th Dec 2008, 3:30 pm   #24
QWENIX
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzooks View Post
Re the main connector - on mine I simply pared down the sides of a fig-8 two pin universal connector and arranged an additional earth wire to screw on to the front casing.
I believe the originals were Belkin or similar and I'm sure I've seen them in RS or Farnell cats.
I think they were Plessey.

best regards
Qwenix
Closed Thread