UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2018, 8:53 am   #1
Michael Maurice

Default Technics SL7 lid

Recently I repaired a Technics SL-7 and obviously checked it was working before returning it to its owner.

About a month later he phoned me to tell me that the lid wouldn’t stay down and that when he looked further, the lid had been broken on both sides.

I didn’t leave me like that but the owner says that there were no pieces of plastic in the box that was collected from me.

Obviously spares aren’t available, so does anyone know how I might go about repairing the lid or recommend someone who can repair it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ED6F943E-7DE9-4188-8640-CE34EAC4C894.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	169432   Click image for larger version

Name:	BD1A806D-9BA6-466F-8F43-6A7CDF487BA3.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	169433  

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 17th Sep 2018, 12:25 pm   #2
Grubhead
Heptode

Default Re: Technics SL7 lid

I keep getting asked this question a lot on Fixya about turntable lids (all makes).

Is there somewhere that supplies them.
I have been just saying search E-Bay for second hand ones, but I suppose they are like hen's teeth there.
Closed Thread