UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jul 2018, 5:58 pm   #1
G4YVM David
Heptode

Default SCR 608 wiring type, question

A friend of mine who rebuilds military vehicles to anorak standards has just acquired an SCR608, sight unseen and working condition unknown.

He is going to make what he calls the wiring loom by which I am sure he means the loom that connects the radios both together and to the vehicle and its accessories. Hi question is, what type of wire would be WW2 period and is it possible to get it? If it is, where from and if not what can he do to improve the looks in a place where red and black PVC just won't do.

I know absolutely nothing about this radio or this type.

Thanks in advance

David
Old 31st Jul 2018, 6:48 am   #2
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Re: SCR 608 wiring type, question

The manual is here, if your pal hasn't got it already, David. Right at the end, page 199 seems to have some info on the wiring.

http://www.radionerds.com/index.php/SCR-608

Roger/G3VKM
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 7:21 pm   #3
G4YVM David
Heptode

Default Re: SCR 608 wiring type, question

Thanks

D
Closed Thread